DIY Homemade Honey Shampoo
New here? Make sure you like naturalandhealthyliving.com on facebook where we post our best information to revitalize and improve your health naturally, and get updated each time we find something amazing!
Bog-standard shampoo contains all sorts of things which aren’t very good for your hair! Or even your scalp for that matter. Even high-end shampoo contains some form of weirdness, but not this all natural DIY honey shampoo! This shampoo contains one active ingredient; liquid castile soap. It is free of artificial foaming agents, harsh cleansersand deconstructed fatty acids and so is very easy on your scalp and hair.
This homemade honey shampoo won’t strip the hair of it’s natural oils like regular shampoo, and so the production of oil will normalise, so you will be able to go for longer between washes. Honey is also a natural antifungal/antibacterial agent, so can help to clear and prevent scalp disorders.
This recipe should last a while, so put into an appropriate container, such as an old shampoo bottle or a pump dispenser, and simply keep it in the shower to use as and when needed.
DIY Homemade Honey Shampoo Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup Raw unpasteurized honey, we use this one.
- 1/3 cup Liquid Castile Soap, you can get it here.
- 10-15 drops essential oils, such as lavender and carrot seed oil.
- Combine all the ingredients into a convientient container, such as this one, and shake well.
- Add the essential oil.
- If the honey is still too solidified, put the bottle into a pan of water water and heat it gently until all the ingredients are mixed.
- That’s it!!
Instructions for use of DIY Homemade pH Balanced Honey Shampoo:
You can simply use this shampoo as per a normal shampoo. Wet your hair well, then massage the homemade honey shampoo into the scalp well to provide equal coverage. The rinse well to remove the homemade honey shampoo and you’re done!!