New here? Make sure you like naturalandhealthyliving.com on facebook where we post our best information to revitalize and improve your health naturally, and get updated each time we find something amazing!
We’ve all read the articles that solidify our concerns about additives in cosmetics and skin care products. While this is disturbing to some, to others, so long as it’s not being ingested, the skin will provide a suitable barrier. What people forget is that harsh chemicals can still be absorbed through the skin, and with that in mind we set about making a natural soothing body butter.
The result is made with shea butter, coconut oil, Vanilla oil and Vitamin E.
- Place the shea butter into a mixing bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and add this to the bowl (Please note: Coconut oil solidifies at room temp, so you’ll need to melt it, placing in bowl of warm water works.)
- Add in the Vitamin E and Vanilla.
- Freeze the mixture for 10 minutes, then whip with a fork for a better consistency.
- Add the contents to a air tight, sealed container.
That’s it – Enjoy!
Need something to put this Body butter in?
We use these retro looking glass jars that seal for freshness! In fact, they’re pretty good for anything and cheap too, but we use them just because it doesn’t clutter our cupboards and it makes body butters look far better! I don’t think we’d make it if it had to go in a bowl with kitchen foil and the like! What else could we put our body butter in!